Router Setup Problem

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Fri Mar 29 20:02:51 MST 2013

Sorry, Michael, I am a little lost.

i changed the gateway entry in my /etc/network/interfaces file to be
192.168.25.5. Are you talking about something else? I am only trying to
connect over the wired network from my laptop to the Internet, with a fixed
IP. My interfaces file has the following (the comments are the old values):

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
iface eth0 inet static
      address 192.168.25.150
      netmask 255.255.255.0
      gateway 192.168.25.5
      dns-search ph.cox.net
      dns-nameservers 68.105.28.12 68.105.29.12 68.105.28.11
      #gateway 192.168.25.1
      #dns-search tc.ph.cox.net
      #dns-nameservers 68.2.16.25 68.2.16.30

Thanks!