Safe Instant Messaging

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Mar 17 00:33:47 MST 2013

Am 16. Mar, 2013 schwätzte Nathan England so:

moin moin,

> My favorite IM is Google Talk, and I use the OTR on all my contacts. But
> still, it's Google. I have given them access to some of my email. Access to
> most of my whereabouts, though I often disable it. I don't know if I want them
> to have all my chats as well. But like others have mentioned, I *assume* that
> my connection to their server is encrypted, but the message is stored in plain
> text and scanned for advertising or what ever and then sent on to the final
> recipient, most likely in plain text.

Well, if you're both using non-Google clients and OTR, Google shouldn't
have access to the clear text.

Also, if you use Jabber or other XMPP service, then you're not going
through Google at all. The issue will be convincing people to use that
other service and a client not from one of the big names that will track
the conversation.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Magic is science unexplained. - der.hans