Safe Instant Messaging

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Fri Mar 15 14:38:31 MST 2013

Hello All,

I have been a long time user of Skype, but naturally grew fearful when
Microsoft took over, and assumed there was a security risk because the
service was growing large. Now it appears Microsoft really has developed
a back-door into the system and the Russian government has been
watching... Which only leads me to believe if they were doing it, so was
our government.

Which all leads me to the question: what can we use for instant
messaging that is safe for us from a privacy stand point, and secure
enough to possibly use for employment purposes?

I appreciate your thoughts!

--
Regards,

Nathan England

NME Computer Services http://www.nmecs.com
Nathan England (nathan at nmecs.com)
Systems Administration / Web Application Development
Information Security Consulting
(480) 559.9681