OT: How to embed or call a shell script in an html file?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Mon Jun 24 23:16:58 MST 2013

Matt: I have tried everything that you suggested,
but I still can't get the code that you gave me to work.

> If your web server is running PHP ...

It is. I have other .php programs on my web host's server that work fine.

> all you should need to do is copy all the stuff from
> <?php to //end code , then paste it into a file called
> "search.php"

I have done that.

> then change /www/stuff.txt to the full pathname to wherever
> the file you want to grep through is.

I have done that.

> Then, going to http://yoursite.example.com/search.php
> should show you a simple form with 2 fields and a "Go" button.

I have done that, but I get this error message:

"[an error occurred while processing this directive]"

No other details or info.

Yet I do have other .php programs running and working
fine on this web server, here is one:

http://www.BestCleanFun.com
same as: http://www.upquick.com/bestfun/
same as: http://vsiq.com/upquick/bestfun/
same as: /home6/vsiqcom/www/upquick/bestfun

> Apache with PHP enabled typically has 2 lines
> in its config file like so:
>   LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so
>   AddHandler php5-script .php

I don't know where to find that libphp.so

> What I usually do is take a small piece of working code
> that does something simple (like printing "hello world"
> 5 times in a for loop)  and then add a little bit to
> that code. And if it works, keep going.

Yes, I do that also.