OT Best Way For Safe Internet Surfing/Email While Travelling?

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Tue Jun 18 19:16:10 MST 2013

I would recommend using the gmail app for gmail (it only uses HTTPS for communication, and obeys VPN settings).
I would also second Stephen's VPN recommendation, you can setup a VPN for the primary connection in the tablet settings so everything is tunneled through your server back home (which prevents many, but not all, types of snooping when using public WiFi).