OT: Best DHS Checkpoint Refusals

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 16 07:33:58 MST 2013

I've seen this video several times.  The first person is Pastor Anderson out of Tempe.  He is a very gutsy guy.  I've been following him for 4 or 5 years. He has paid the price for standing up for himself.  I would like to note that I do not agree with all of his religious doctrine, however I do like how he resists.

A police officer must have probable cause to search your car.  If they ask say no, just like the second person.  Notice the officer if dumbfounded.

The third section of the video is just outside Tucson.

Notice the 4th section how the BP does not know what to do.

I think the motor home one is a really good civil rights law suite. As I recall the Government can conduct checkpoints, however that does not give them the right to search, just observer.  The best example is a DUI checkpoint.  All vehicles are stopped.  The officers ask for driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance and during this encounter if they establish probable cause to go further then they can.  Probable cause would be odor of intoxicants, open alcohol containers, slurred speech, etc.  Note that asking for your driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance at a checkpoint may not be legal since they have not stopped you for an infraction.  Also you do not have to answer their questions.  That is your 5th Amendment right.  However if you lie you can be charged with lying to a police officer.  So just say you do not want to talk with them without your lawyer being present.  At that point they cannot ask anymore
 questions.  Be ready for the police to become hostile.

The government always has the burden of proof.

I would strongly advise if you want to follow these peoples examples, you better be prepared to be arrested and potentially be convicted.  These people put themselves at risk even though they seem to understand their rights and are good at preserving the evidence by video taping what they are doing.

Just because you are right does not mean the system is going to work for you.

Keith Smith