Off Topic Discussions

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Wed Jun 12 11:06:44 MST 2013

On Wed, 2013-06-12 at 07:46 -0700, keith smith wrote:

> I have a political blog and am very outspoken.

Wonderful, and your blog is a great place for that.  I support you being
outspoken about the issues in your private space.  But the PLUG list is
a communal space, and with that comes certain communal norms.  For
instance: no shoes, no shirt, no service.  That establishes norms for
certain areas that contain that banner.  Certainly it restricts your
freedom, but it is also about someone establishing norms in a space to
encourage a more diverse set of participants.

Ted