google chrome-incognito window

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 19:36:17 MST 2013

On 06/11/2013 06:48 PM, Nathan England wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 06:35:20 PM Michael Havens wrote:
>
> I tried to share with you startpage.com <http://startpage.com> this
> morning (and accidently sent something else which not everyone
> appreciated). My question is, is this not the same as google chrome's
> incognito window? If not would someone explain to me what the benefits
> of the incognito window is.
>
> :-)~MIKE~(-:
>

> Incognito, along with Firefox's Private Browsing Mode and Internet
> Explorer's similar thing is all intended for people who want to watch
> porn on their computer but not have to worry about their significant
> other checking their browsing history and finding out they were
> watching porn.
>
> Sure, there are other uses, like surfing without annoying adds
> tracking you across websites, but really, the browser history is the
> main issue.
>
> Nathan

Don't forget it also makes it more difficult for the NSA to follow what
you're doing.  Instead of checking your computer, they have to go to
your ISP and the websites you visit.

Was I supposed to say that?  Please don't send me to Gitmo.

--
"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore