OT: NSA story keeps getting bigger...

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 15:26:14 MST 2013

I've always had sympathy for those who resist oppressive authority.  So
I can't hold that against the legislature or Ms. Brewer.  Seems to me in
a free society blindly following the government is a bad idea.  I think
a bit of scepticism of government's motives is a good thing.  Oops.  I
guess I just put myself on the NSA's hit list.

On 06/09/2013 01:53 PM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 07:16:47AM -0700, keith smith wrote:
>>
>> The letter was titled "communities against terrorism" and was handed out to surplus stores in the Denver area.  http://www.wnd.com/2011/08/332925/  Scroll down half way and you will see an image of the letter.
>>
>> Notice the second line on the left.  "Insist on paying cash..."  Chas is a Constitutional form of payment.
>>
>> The problem is not that the Government is looking for bad people it is all the false positives.
> First, from what I've seen, wnd is hardly an unbiased source.
>
> Second what cracks me up is that farther down the site it says
>
> "The report from the DHS Office of Intelligence and Analysis defined
> right-wing extremism in the U.S. as......and those that are mainly
> anti-government, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local
> authority, or rejecting government authority entirely."
>
> which, of course would include a significant chunk of the AZ
> legislature....and our illustrious governor.
>
> Come to think of it, the DHS may be right.

"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore