OT: NSA story keeps getting bigger...

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Thu Jun 6 22:23:00 MST 2013

On 6/6/2013 9:52 PM, Patrick Callahan wrote:
> As it happens, I'm an atheist. I, at least, am not offended,
> although I am a bit surprised. That did seem to come out of
> nowhere.
>
> Anarchy is actually something I kind of hope for, although not
> classical, naive ‘state of nature’ anarchy. I'd like to think there
> are collective forms of self-regulation which can work in
> combination to provide some of the same functions as a state but do
> not constitute one.
>
> I'm not convinced that the ingredients are all there, but there are
> a lot of things lately that make me hopeful for a slow transition
> into a kind of crypto-anarchy. With the democratization of
> manufacturing conveyed by 3D printing, the presence of increasingly
> pervasive supranational computer networks, strong encryption, and
> finally the ability to trade without the approval of a state or the
> presence of a central mint (i.e., Bitcoin and other
> crypto-currencies), we may be able to do a lot of important things
> without having to give the state much say in it. If projects like
> Bitcoin, Distributed Defense, and The Open Source Ecology Project
> take off, we may see the very concept of the modern state reduced
> to something humbler.

I have a cynical side that says "Just bring it on!". Let's get it over
with. But I was recently humbled with the release of the movie The Road.

If you want to see anarchy, watch that movie. If you think society
collapsing at any level might be a good thing, go rent that movie, if
you have an opinion of 'Just bring it on!' go *buy* that movie.

I really think every red blooded American should see it. That is what
would happen if we lose our constitution and society crumbles.

What is truly scary to me, the United States of America is not
mentioned in scripture at all. As a super-power, you would think we
would be, which means either in all of our super-powerness (lol) we
are insignificant, irrelevant, or won't exist at all during the end
times the bible speaks of.

On a side note, I appreciate you admitting to being an atheist and not
be offended! More often than not, atheists are not really  a - theists
as the name implies, but rather just anti-God and determined to shut
up anyone who believes otherwise.

Nathan