How best to *automatically* copy every camera photo to my Linux box?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Thu Jun 6 14:48:20 MST 2013

What is the best way to automatically copy/back-up every photo that I
take with my Galaxy/Android camera-phone to my Linux computer wirelessly?
(Or to send a copy to a folder in my web hosted web-space?)

I've been reading about sugarsync and google photo-transfer but I wonder
if there might be other options.

Google photo-transfer app has a one-time cost of only $1.99, but I can't
tell if it will *automatically* copy every photo that I take with my
camera to my Linux computer (or to some cloud storage like Google drive)
whenever I have a wireless connection the way Sugarsync does; or, does
Google photo-transfer require some manual action on my part to initiate
each photo transfer rather than just copying/backing-up each photo
automatically?

Sugarsync claims to automatically back-up every photo one takes to cloud
storage and to my computer *without* requiring *any* manual action; but
it costs $7.49/month which is more than I am willing to pay; and I don't
need or want any of the other file backup stuff that it does.