Need Some Assistance Setting up a VPN

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Mon Jul 15 16:32:37 MST 2013

After a little investigation I found:

1. As a user-space VPN daemon, OpenVPN is compatible with SSL/TLS, RSA
Certificates and X509 PKI, NAT, DHCP, and TUN/TAP virtual devices. OpenVPN
is not compatible with IPSec, IKE, PPTP, or L2TP. (
http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/341-openvpn-compatibility.html)

2. Android 4 comes with VPN type:
> PPTP
> L2TP/IPSec PSK
> L2TP/IPSec RSA
> IPSec Xauth PSK
> IPSec Xauth RSA
> IPSec Hybrid RSA

Which seems to say that I have to go with an "after market" app.

Back to my original question - since I don't seem to be able to bridge my
vpn connection from android (no tap in the openvpn android app), how do I
use a routed vpn connection (only tun available in the openvpn android app)
to my router to access any server on my network?

Thanks,

Mark