Programming for Kids

Paul Mooring paul at opscode.com
Fri Jul 12 09:23:45 MST 2013

I'm surprised no one has mentioned hackety hack, it was a project designed around the super simple shoes gui framework by _why? specifically to make it easy/fun to get kids into programming and help people design engaging curriculum for teaching kids the basics of programming.  Ruby is also a fairly practical language to learn first as it's used out in the world a lot but abstracts a lot of the nasty bits away from beginners.

It's probably at least worth taking a quick look at: http://hackety.com/

Paul Mooring
Operations Engineer
www.opscode.com