Fwd: undelete bookmark folder

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 16:54:36 MST 2013

Well.... I restarted the machine and then tried again. I was sble to create
/bmike1 in /mnt/backup. then chown. and rsync is in process now.
 What follows is what I did prior to the restart.  Why do you think it
needed the microsoft fix?

I think I figured it out; the thumb drive is mounted twice.

nope... that wasn't the problem:

bmike1 at PresarioLapTop1:/mnt/backup$ mkdir bmike1
mkdir: cannot create directory `bmike1': Read-only file system

then Iried it with sudo... same result.

bmike1 at PresarioLapTop1:/mnt/backup$ mount | grep backup
/dev/sdb on /mnt/backup type ext3 (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,noatime)

bmike1 at PresarioLapTop1:/mnt/backup$ mount|grep back
/dev/sdb on /mnt/backup type ext3 (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,noatime)
bmike1 at PresarioLapTop1:/mnt/backup$ ls -l
ls: reading directory .: Input/output error
total 0