Fwd: undelete bookmark folder

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Thu Jul 11 07:47:21 MST 2013

From: Michael Havens
> I then removed the drive and put it back in.

It can take a few seconds for udev to find a USB device and create all the
symlinks and device nodes.  I know I have to wait 3-4 seconds after plugging a
drive in to be able to mount it by label.

> Then:
> bmike1 at PresarioLapTop1:~/Desktop$ ./Backup\ bmike1
> building file list ... done
> rsync: mkdir "/mnt/backup/bmike1" failed: Permission denied (13)

# if it's not mounted
mount /mnt/backup
# then
ls -la /mnt/backup

...the command in the script is "rsync -av --delete-after /home/bmike1/
/mnt/backup/bmike1" .  It assumes that the dir /mnt/backup/bmike1 exists, and
that it's writable by the user you're running as.  "mkdir /mnt/backup/bmike1
&& chown YOURUSERNAME /mnt/backup/bmike1" as root if this is not the case.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows