Ubuntu updates today broken

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Fri Jul 5 22:53:57 MST 2013

Oops, apparently I've been talking out of my butt.  I've actually got
both i386 and amd64 versions on my system.

I had just skimmed the error message because It appeared to be one that
I'd seen a zillion times before.  On closer examination it's an error
I've never seen before.

Looking at it closely it appears that the system is trying to install
libdrm-radeon1:i386 at version 2.4.43-0ubuntu0.0.2 but
libdrm-radeon1:amd64 is still at version 2.4.43-0ubuntu0.0.1 and it
doesn't like that at all.

So it's similar to the error that I thought you had gotten but kinda the
opposite.

So my net action would be to either see if the repositories had been
updated to include the new version of the amd64 version and install it,
and if it hadn't, I would see if I could install the old version of the
i386 version back onto the system, which might still be in your
/var/cache/apt/archives/ directory if you don't do apt-get clean very often.

Brian Cluff