Ubuntu updates today broken

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Fri Jul 5 19:52:00 MST 2013

Normally your system would be able to have both and i386 and an amd64
version at the same time.  But that's a library for the video driver, so
it doesn't really make sense to have 2 different versions of it at the
same time unless you are going to be driving 2 different video cards and
want/need to use a 64bit and a 32bit at the same time.

The way I would have done it is to do CTRL+ALT+F1, login as you and then do:
sudo stop lightdm
sudo dpkg -r libdrm-radeon1:i386
sudo apt-get install libdrm-radeon1

Hopefully that would take care of it.