Fwd: undelete bookmark folder

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 19:35:19 MST 2013

well... I restarted but it didn't seem to have any effect. I saved the
script to the desktop and made it executable and when I activate it the
computer accesses the USB twice (after three seconds.... after three
seconds it accesses it then 3 seconds later it accesses it again, but it
will only do that once. subsequent activations of the script do nothing).

Well I figured out I need to run it from a terminal.

bmike1 at PresarioLapTop1:~/Desktop$ ./Backup\ bmike1
building file list ... done
rsync: mkdir "/mnt/backup/bmike1" failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at main.c(605) [Receiver=3.0.9]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (9 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(605)
[sender=3.0.9]
bmike1 at PresarioLapTop1:~/Desktop$

so I made /mnt/backup/bmike1 but got this error:

rsync: failed to set times on "/mnt/backup/bmike1/.": Operation not
permitted (1)
then it went through and copied the stuff in ~ and went on to mkdir for the
next directory to copy  and got the ol permision denied thing. hmmmm maybe
if I run it with sudo! but matt said no sudo should be necessary. So what
is wrong?

Furthermore, how do I access the backup drive? I checked in the directory I
created but there is nothing in there so I assume it copied the files to
the USB drive:
bmike1 at PresarioLapTop1:/mnt/backup/bmike1$ ls /mnt/backup/bmike1
bmike1 at PresarioLapTop1:/mnt/backup/bmike1$