How to run php programs on local computer?

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Wed Jul 3 17:47:31 MST 2013

On 07/03/2013 05:40 PM, joe at actionline.com wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> Install php. And apache if you want to use a web interface.
>> Most php can be run directly.
> I dod install apache2 and AFAIK php was installed with it.

It might be worth trying to install the php5 package again
if my previous suggestions don't get it working.  You shouldn't have
needed to do any of that, so it is likely that PHP didn't make it into
the system,

> Is it possible to run php without apache?
> If so, how can I do that?

Technically yes, but they would essentially be shell scripts.  If you
are running software that you were previously sending over to a host to
be served up, you will definitely need to install a web server.

Brian Cluff