vlc movie player

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 14:29:03 MST 2013

I just got out of chat with  sony tech support:

2:17 PM   Bridget_ (C53O): Yes, the videos will be saved in the AVCHD
folder.
 2:17 PM  Customer: the file format is mts
 2:18 PM  Bridget_ (C53O): Yes, MTS format is also called as AVCHD.
 2:21 PM  Bridget_ (C53O):  The videos recorded in this Camera will be
saved in extension as .MTS, but it will be of AVCHD, MP4 format.
 2:21 PM  Customer: okay
 2:21 PM  Customer: what is the codec used?
 2:23 PM  Bridget_ (C53O): The video codec information can be found by
contacting the Operating System developer
Does this help any?