vlc movie player

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Sat Jan 26 06:45:15 MST 2013

Michael, I have seen this happening for (stupid) reasons as having a browser
running!

Try this:
Boot the box fresh and try to run VLC, preferable with known good video
file.

If you still have problems, then boot the box with a live CD, install VLC
and try again.

If that one fails too, please publish the output of 'lspci'.
ET