Upgrade to Debian testing hosed my system

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Thu Jan 24 08:57:54 MST 2013

Weird that you can ping the box and not see anything at boot.
I'd try to rule out a duplicate IP address (as stupid as it sounds, been
there, done that...)

I'd boot the box with a Debian Live CD, then
.- mount the box Debian partition to /mnt
.- mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev
.- chroot /mnt

And begin typing 'apt-get update/apt-get upgrade' away as necessary.
YMMV...
ET