still not booting

Mike Bushroe mbushroe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 11:37:04 MST 2013

I tried running the fsck from the live boot DVD, and got something that
took time to examine the partition, but still no repairs. Also ran from
qparted, with same results.

Booting in recovery mode that last line is actually the /dev/sdb for the
cd-dvd reader. I can't tell if it dies doing that, or before starting the
next step.

The behavior is the same no matter which kernel I try to boot to, so it is
something outside the kernel that is common to all.

Any further suggestions? The name of a better ext4 file system checker?

Mike

--
But he lives on in a Horcrux named Siri