How to compare (diff) files completeness on two computers?

sean ritzler sean.a.ritzler at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 13:30:48 MST 2013

If you just want to compare a listing of files (rather than integrity
checks as Stephen mentioned), diff itself can actually compare directory
contents. Since one of the directories is remote, I would first mount it
via sshfs and use `diff -r -q dir1 dir2`. -r makes diff go through
directories recursively and -q will quiet the output (won't show
differences between individual files).