trouble downloading

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Thu Jan 17 06:28:43 MST 2013

I have seen this happening...
I was copying a file from one box to another when the copy stopped, waited
and resumed.  I traced it down to a Linksys switch that, other than that,
didn't exhibit any other problem.

I didn't have time to investigate the issue then and I lost track of the
switch, but my plan was to take a tcpdump trace on both ends and investigate
from there.
I doubt that a layer 2 problem will show up in the trace though, and from
what I saw, and what you said about killing the dinosaur download, looks
like a level 2 problem to me...
ET