Looking for Software Suggestions - Maybe a CMS?

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 21:01:40 MST 2013

Freakishly the Google+ Communities mixed with their other services can
cover all of that. Technically that is also what a CRM is built for but way
overkill for just you guys keeping tabs on eachother.

Take a look, it will also allow you guys to link together for
hangouts/video chat share docs on the fly and screenshare things if you
need to.

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Mark Phillips
<mark at phillipsmarketing.biz>wrote:

> I am looking for an open source collaborative web based application for to
> do lists (tasks and sub-tasks), shared documents, maybe a forum, google
> calendar, and google contacts. My sisters and I have taken over the care of
> our elderly mother, and we need a way to collaborate on what needs to be
> done, her doctor's appts, doctors' phone numbers, etc. I want the site to
> sit behind a user name/password and not be public on the net.
>
> Up to now, we have relied on email and spreadsheets. However, one uses
> Linux/OpenOffice/Android, one uses Windoze/MS Office, and on is on a Mac
> and iPad. The spreadsheet for tasks is not working very well.
>
> My mother has a gmail account for her calendar and contacts, so I would
> like to just access those two apps in this mythical web application.
>
> I tried just giving my two sisters the password for my mom's gmail
> account, but that was a challenge for one of them (and neither use gmail
> nor are they willing to get a gmail account). So I need something simple.
>
> I looked at GQueues, but one needs a gmail account to access a shared
> version of the app. Plus, the app has an annual fee for all the features
> (calendar and contact integration).
>
> I looked at Plone, but can't seem to find a simple to do list for it.
>
> I looked at django and some of the cms offerings, but that approach seems
> to require a fair amount of customization, and I need to be up and running
> now.
>
> I tried google sites as a front end to her gmail account, but one has to
> have a gmail account to access the site, even if it is shared with another
> account (I tried it with my yahoo account).
>
> I am currently using google to look at other apps, so if you have any
> suggestions, please let me know!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Stephen