Has anyone here tried a Chromebook?

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 07:17:11 MST 2013

It seems that HP agrees with your issues. and have made a low power server.

350 normally right now on sale for 320, and they give you an additional 50
rebate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16859107052

I have no idea how reliable they are but if i had the money i would pick
one up and find out what i can do with it.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 4:20 PM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Heat is one of the main reasons I went to laptops.  I had 2 towers running
> 350 plus watt power supplies.  My office was the hottest room in the
> house.  Now today I could use that heat, however in July and August I'll
> pass.
>
> These net top computers are cool. I still like the netbooks or cheap
> notebooks though because you get a monitor, mouse, and keyboard with them.
> That makes them perfect for a simple LAMP server in a dev environment.  Or
> add an external monitor, keyboard, and a mouse and you have two screens you
> can use.  Not as nice as two large flat panel monitors, however not as much
> expense either.
>
> Once in a while I make the joke that if smart phones become more powerful,
> I might just use a couple of them for my LAMP dev.

> Keith Smith

Stephen