Has anyone here tried a Chromebook?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Mon Jan 14 15:58:34 MST 2013

Keith last wrote:
> That would work, however they cost more than a netbook.

I have replaced my older "tower" computers with two of these, one of which
I bought new for $349 a couple years ago, and the other I found on
Craigslist for $150. They use only 8-watts of power (I think). They run
absolutely silent and never get hot. Here is another still available (I
think) on Craigslist for $150:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/sys/3467164583.html

One is now my main computer and the second is just a clone for backup.
I'm just now converting them both to kubuntu 12.10.

For personal use (except for gamers), I can't see any benefit to big
"towers" with 200-watt or larger power supplies any more.