Has anyone here tried a Chromebook?

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 12:02:33 MST 2013

The Pros are its cost/performance. They generally run very well for what
they do. The battery life is pretty good also.
The cons you cannot fall back to Firefox for sites that will not allow
chrome, and you are using a small net-book that is 100% purpose built to
run just a browser.

Within that there are a number of tools giving you a great deal of
functionality inside the chrome browser as a plugin. One of my favorites of
these is an SSH client. they also have RDP and VNC clients as well. so in a
pinch you can remote someplace and get something done..

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM, <joe at actionline.com> wrote:

> Thanks for sharing this, Keith.
> Seems like a Chromebook might be excellent for travel.
> One can readily see some good "pros" ... what are the "cons"?
>

> https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=chromebook_acer_c710&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-gdn-acer&utm_medium=ha
>
> How superior is Intel Atom N455 dual core performance than Intel Celeron
> dual core?
>
> Seems like the Samsung Chromebook at $249 is better in a lot of ways.
> Longer battery life and perhaps better construction.

Stephen