Slow Computer Scam

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Wed Jan 9 19:32:38 MST 2013

I think the scamers are just playing the ods, and they know the likehood
of someone at home having a windows computer that isn't running quite
right is very high.  After that, all they have to do is sound like they
know what they are talking about and they can't get people to do just
about anything.  It's a lot like the study someone did where they found
that people were much more likely to inflict pain on someone else if
someone in a lab coat tells them to.

That also makes me think about a scandal that happened about a decade
ago where a motherboard manufacturer was caught selling motherboards
that they know would cause crashes, and they almost got away with it too
since everyone just attributed the crashes to windows, since it tended
to do that anyway.

It's just going after the low hanging fruit...

Brian Cluff