kids android

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Fri Jan 4 18:27:57 MST 2013

Hey Hans,

I got a really great gift PC Android that's less than $40.00 for Xmas.  It
comes with Android 4.0:
http://www.amazon.com/OEM-SYSTEMS-COMPANY-MK802-Android/dp/B008H3B736

Technical Details

   - Android 4.0.3
   - Allwinner A10 1.5GHZ Cortex-A8 high speed
   - 1GB DDR3
   - WIFI 802.1b/g/n
   - Support the latest HTML5 , Flash10.3

›  See more technical
details<http://www.amazon.com/OEM-SYSTEMS-COMPANY-MK802-Android/dp/tech-data/B008H3B736/ref=de_a_smtd>

I also purchased a cheap Android tablet from China:

http://www.chinavasion.com/china/wholesale/Android_Tablets/8-9_Android_Tablet_PC/Android_4.0_Tablet_HexTab_-_9_Inch_8GB_1.2Ghz/

This one is 9 Inches, with Android 4.4 and well worth the $99.00!  Perfect
kids machine.

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:03 PM, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:

> moin moin,
>
> trying to get an Android tablet for my son. I would like something
> purchased here rather than as a direct import from whereever.
>
> I want multiple accounts and parental controls. The main reason for the
> controls at this point is to limit which apps he can get to and put time
> limits on the use of his account. I'd also like to have time limits per
> app, but that's a wishlist item.
>
> I definitely want parental controls that do not require an online account.
> I want as little 3rd party tracking of him and his tablet as possible. I
> also want something that's not going to bork up because it goes many days
> without an internet connection.
>
> If it weren't for me wanting to use it I'd just go without wifi and want
> a USB connection for package updates :).
>
> I found a bunch at toysrus that look OK, but the one I got immediately
> wants me to create an account for parental controls :(. It looks like they
> might all require that :(.
>
> http://www.toysrus.com/family/**index.jsp?categoryId=10869454<http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=10869454>
>
> Has anyone found a parental controls app that doesn't require online
> tracking? Preferably it would be FLOSS licensed.
>
> In the end I really just need a tablet with bumpers, multiple accounts and
> parental controls. I would like gorilla glass as well, but will do my best
> to just keep him from trying to put anything through the screen :).
>
> I also want something with a recent version of android and would prefer
> something that's probably going to have updated versions.
>
> I'll probably go with Cyanogenmod, Plasma or Ubuntu for my next tablet,
> but for the child device I'd prefer something with a support chain. I also
> want to be able to use the Google market to get adult apps like my speed
> reader and German news site apps.
>
> I keep watching for the ZaTab to be available again :).
>
> http://zareason.com/shop/**zatab.html<http://zareason.com/shop/zatab.html>
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> #  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.LuftHans.com/**Classes/<http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes/>
> #  It's up to the reader to make the book interesting.
> #  An author has only the opportunity to make it uninteresting. - der.hans

(503) 754-4452 Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype
(623) 688-3392 Google Voice
**