How to use clonezilla to copy just one partition?

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Thu Jan 3 12:56:49 MST 2013

Hello Joe, if I was you I'd forget about 'Clonezilla' and go either rsync or
tar:

I'd boot with a CD (Debian live is perfect) and:

rsync -xaHDC --super /my/mounted/partition root at remotebox:/my/new/partition
or
tar jcf - /my/mounted/partition|
    ssh root at remotebox 'cd /my/new/partition;tar jxf -'

YMMV...
ET