How to use clonezilla to copy just one partition?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Thu Jan 3 12:04:14 MST 2013

After reading and watching several youtube tutorials about clonezilla,
remastersys, relinux, monodorescue, maketecheasier, live-magic,
linux-live, revisor, instalinux, and several more, I am thoroughly
confused. The best tutorial I've seen so far was this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=490n_VoldUg -- however, it shows how to do
a complete system backup and restore and does not explain how to clone a
single partition from one system and install that partition on a different
system in a dual-boot arrangement.

I have Kubuntu Linux installed on an IBM Thinkpad and I would like to
install that Linux partition on my Lenovo Q150 net-top on which I have
shrunk the windows-7 partition to half of the 250-gig HD and created
100-gig of free space on the rest of that HD so as to have both available
in a dual-boot arrangement. Do I need to install Kubuntu on the Lenovo
first? Or what is the best procedure to achieve the desired dual-boot?