My battle with Earthlink

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Sun Feb 24 11:10:14 MST 2013

I was looking around to see if others have figured out if earthlink was
using sandvine's, and found this:

https://secure.dslreports.com/forum/r25660160-General-Sudden-Degradation-of-Services

"You described earlier the symptoms of a DSLAM or Shelf card that is
throwing errors or possibly just going/gone bad. Ask support (Level 3
aka TRON) to check the DSL card that you are on for any issues and
possibly remove your provisioning and rebuild the circuit on another pin
on the card or another card. You have to keep on top of the TRON Team
(Level 3 Support) as they are the only ones that can get a truck rolled
to your location."

It's either flaky hardware (your modem or their wiring/dslams), or qos
tail-dropping your "undesirable" traffic.  Talk to this mythical "tron"
entity.  I don't use dsl so I don't know it's quirky mannerisms when it
unravels.

-mb