mounts cd twice

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 21:39:53 MST 2013

I could be wrong but my guess is that you already have something mounted on
/media/cdrom or /dev/cdrom so when you put the CD in the drive and the
automounter sees something is already there it tells you so.  I *think *Lisa
was telling you the same thing but by giving you the solution to test.
umount it BEFORE putting the CD in.  If that solves the problem, you can
look at things like fstab to see what is being mounted by default.  I bet
you look at it and suddenly remember one of your experiments.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 7:40 PM, Michael Havens <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> but why is it mounted twice?
> :-)~MIKE~(-:
>

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 7:24 PM, John J. Macey <jjmacey at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>  umount /dev/cdrom
>>>

>> Lisa,
>>
>> That is eloquently simply put it is almost ZEN.
>>
>> John
>>

>> On 02/21/2013 05:36 PM, Lisa Kachold wrote:
>>
>>> umount /dev/cdrom

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy). Remove addresses
from a forwarded message body before clicking Send.