MySQL / MariaDB and Multi-Core CPUs

Eric Cope eric.cope at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 16:15:40 MST 2013

Its my understanding that row(or table) locks can also be bottle necks.
Multiple CPUs to execute queries don't help if they are writing to the same
rows (or tables depending on your engine). I am far from an expert though.

Do you the the High Performance MySQL book from the Percona folks? It might
have some details regarding this question.

Eric