Samba on CentOS

Bob Elzer bob.elzer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 20:42:46 MST 2013

Well I went from centos 5 to 6 and copied over my smb.conf and
everything worked fine
I can't remember if I copied over the smb passwords or just created them
again with smbpasswd, but I have not used tdbedit, so I didn't realize
that it is the preferred method now. And now that I've looked at it,
smbpasswd is still supported, but I don't know for how long. :P