Backing Up A Virtual Drive

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 08:41:01 MST 2013

The solutions i have looked into for backing up VM's would be reliant on VM
snapshots then saving those files from the snapshot. I know there are some
tools out there that might automate this process. I cannot remember if
zamanda will do this or not. (a quick search on the their site they do seem
to have tools for this)

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 7:39 AM, John J. Macey <jjmacey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I run Linux Mint 14 with the Cinnamon Desktop Manager, and back-up my
> system using the KDE utility KBackup. It is a great little app! I've
> started to Virtualize several operating systems e.g. MS$ 7, Whonix-Gateway,
> and Whonix-Desktop. I am using Oracle's VM VMWare to do this. In the future
> I might want to Virtualize Backtrack. I did have a dual-boot Mint /
> Backtrack system going, but then wiped the drive, and started to look at
> Virtualization.
>
> Each one of these Virtual Machines has it own Folder, which can be found
> in the Folder named VirtualBox VMs. Is backing these machines up going to
> be as simple as checking a box when I run KBackup, and save the Folder
> VirtualBox VMs?
>
> Thanks in advance for any comments. Apologizes also, if this is in fact, a
> "no-brainer". LOL!
>
> John*
> ** <http://www.jjmacey.net/blog>*

Stephen