vlc movie player

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Sat Feb 9 13:41:20 MST 2013

An 800Mhz processor seems a little weak to me.  The video card might be
fine.  Are you running the AMD catalyst proprietary drivers (fglrx),  If
not, you might want to try those out, your video players might be able
to use your video card to decompress the video.  That video card is
fairly low end and from my brief searching on the net there are mixed
opinions as to if it will decode an HD video stream.

If you are already running the catalyst drivers, it sounds like you are
just plain lacking the horse power to effectively playback the video.

What you can do is use something like handbrake or avidemux and convert
the movie to 720p or 480i and your system should have no problem what so
ever playing back those videos.

Brian Cluff