vlc movie player

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Fri Feb 8 16:08:10 MST 2013

I got it... and it played fine on my computer?  It's just an MPEG-TS
container with H264 video codec and AC3 audio codec.  The video is full
HD 1920x1080.  That's all really standard stuff.

My guess to your problem is that your computer just doesn't have enough
horse power to play back a full HD video, and/or your video drivers are
slow enough they they can't keep up.

If you think your computer has enough power to play back the video
perhaps the video players are trying to use the video card for hardware
acceleration and the video card can't keep up with a high definition
video.  I have a couple of systems that I use for mythtv that can't
handle hardware acceleration of HD video, so I have to turn it off to
get it to get it to play back right..

In VLC go into the preferences and select Video.  Then UNCHECK the box
next to "Accelerated video output (overlay)". Also click on input and
Codecs and uncheck the box next to "Use GPU accelerated decoding"  That
should make VLC use your CPU to decompress the video and if you have
enough horsepower it should actually play correctly.  If that's not
checked already trying checking them and see if that makes a difference.

Brian Cluff