Question on Cable versus DSL

Richard Wilson relw at mchsi.com
Thu Feb 7 16:24:05 MST 2013

I am considering changing from cable (expensive here in Apache Junction)
to Century Link DSL (formerly Qwest) which now claims
(from their website) that they can provide 12Mbps to my house. Last time
I checked a few months ago, I couldn't get 12Mbps and wasn't
willing to downgrade to their basic 1.5Mbps.  With my Cable provider
(Mediacom) I am seeing about 11Mbps throughput.

Can anyone share anything positive or negative about such a move? The
one time I used DSL (7Mbps) at my brother's house it worked fine for
me, but I was travelling and had only my laptop with me.  Here at home I
have a lot more hitting the line, plus 3 teenagers...

Thanks in advance,

Richard Wilson