After update/upgrade in Debian Testing, my NIC stopped Working

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 16:09:30 MST 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Mark Phillips <mark at phillipsmarketing.biz>wrote:

> Rusty,
>
> Thanks for your response. Isn't synaptic just a gui front-end for
> aptitude? Or are there three different ways to update...apt, aptitude, and
> synaptic?

and now the "Software Center" or whatever your distro calls it.  But yes, I
do believe I read years ago that each of those just used the next layer
down (pretty much the Unix/Linux way).

> Mark
> Sent from my Android phone.
> On Feb 6, 2013 10:04 AM, "Carruth, Rusty" <
> Rusty.Carruth at smartstoragesys.com> wrote:
>
>> I am sorry that I’m not going to be any help - but I’d like to comment
>> that I almost always use synaptic for installs and updates.  One time when
>> I used aptitude it messed up the dependencies and left my computer broken.
>> That happened once with apt as well.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> I seem to recall that I fixed it by switching back to synaptic, but I’m
>> getting old and my memory may be wrong there ;-)****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Plus, you’ve tried to manually install drivers, so synaptic probably
>> won’t help.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Sorry!  Good luck!****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Rusty****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> ** **

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy). Remove addresses
from a forwarded message body before clicking Send.