After update/upgrade in Debian Testing, my NIC stopped Working

Carruth, Rusty Rusty.Carruth at smartstoragesys.com
Wed Feb 6 10:04:25 MST 2013

I am sorry that I'm not going to be any help - but I'd like to comment
that I almost always use synaptic for installs and updates.  One time
when I used aptitude it messed up the dependencies and left my computer
broken.  That happened once with apt as well.

I seem to recall that I fixed it by switching back to synaptic, but I'm
getting old and my memory may be wrong there ;-)

Plus, you've tried to manually install drivers, so synaptic probably
won't help.

Sorry!  Good luck!

Rusty