in stalling Joomla

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 11:56:42 MST 2013

I think I found a good tutorial, It is at:
http://webkul.com/joomla-tutorial/how-to-install-joomla-in-linux They even
have instructions for installing it in Linux... but I must be doing
something wrong....
Everything was coming along nicely after I figured out the period thing
(from another thread) but now I don't know what to do after installing
LAMP. They say Extract joomla in "var/www"(Folder path) now open the bowser
and type http://localhost it will show the joomla folder as below
So I install it to /var/www/joomla but all  http://localhost says is:

"
It works!
This is the default web page for this server.
The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.
"

I tried moving everything to /var/www/ but that didn't help any. So teach
me... what is wrong?