libre office writer question

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Thu Dec 26 14:20:03 MST 2013

Almost every time I've had that occur, the file has gotten corrupted
somehow.  I seem to get that occasionally as files are passed from
windoze users to me using openoffice, back and forth.

Check the byte size of the file.  More often than not I'll find it's a
very small file, like a bad export or something when I get that.
Cisco's site is notorious about spitting out borked xls files as they
generate dynamic price lists and such for export that do that to me.  I
usually find there isn't any real data in there but binary gibberish
apparently.

-mb