Tampering with hubby's computer

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 18:55:19 MST 2013

The woman in this story is charged with putting some fairly disgusting
stuff on her husband's computer in an attempt to frame him.
Investigators checked out the computer and found the pictures were put
on the computer at a time when her husband wasn't at home.

With linux is there a log that  is usually kept or that could be enabled
that would log any changes in the system's date or time? Is there a way
to tell if someone had gone into the bios, changed the date and then
changed it back?  I have to wonder if this woman would have gotten away
with it if she had changed the date before putting the pictures on the
computer, then changing it back.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/23/pennsylvania-woman-tried-to-frame-hubby-with-child-porn/?intcmp=latestnews

--
"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore