ff buttons, menus, etc. don't work

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Dec 22 23:04:57 MST 2013

Am 22. Dec, 2013 schwätzte Brian Cluff so:

moin moin,

the buttons are there, just don't function. The context menus don't come
up either.

This box hasn't had unity and I think I went straight to KDE without any
GNOME.

I have several profiles. Those that hadn't recently been restarted had
working buttons, those that had been restarted didn't. Got to testing that
tonight.

After logging out of the desktop and logging back in everything works.

Due to a bug report I found, I drd install gtk2-engines-pixbuf. I believe
that solved a different problem I was having since the following errors
stopped appearing after the package install.

Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_peek_children: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW
(window)' failed

http://askubuntu.com/questions/66356/gdk-gtk-warnings-and-errors-from-the-command-line

It's so nice to have right-click on history back!

Search engine goo: firefox iceweasel drop down menu context menu main menu
file edit view history kde

Thanks for hearing me out :).

ciao,

der.hans

> I've had this happen in the past.  I comes from having a little unity
> pollution on your system causing unity's global menu system to snag the menu
> bars off of GTK based apps but with nowhere to display them, they are just
> missing.
>
> If I remember right, removing these packages will restore your menus:
> unity-gtk-module-common
> unity-gtk2-module
> unity-gtk3-module
>
> Brian Cluff
>
> On 12/22/2013 01:29 AM, der.hans wrote:
>> moin moin,
>>
>> menu items are no longer working for me with Firefox. This includes in
>> page items as well as file, dit, view, etc. and also add-ons with buttons
>> at the bottom and top. Everything. Browsing still works as long as I don't
>> need a menu.
>>
>> Trying html drop downs results in the following error:
>>
>> (iceweasel:9467): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_peek_children: assertion
>> `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed
>>
>> iceweasel on debian stable with KDE.
>>
>> Tried safe-mode and still didn't work.
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans

#  "Do something wonderful, people may imitate it."  -- Albert Schweitzer