package manager

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 14:53:02 MST 2013

oops.... what am I doing wrong? I remove the files:

bmike1 at PresarioLapTop1:~$ ls  /var/lib/apt/lists/ |grep medibuntu
packages.medibuntu.org_dists_quantal_free_binary-i386_Packages
packages.medibuntu.org_dists_quantal_free_i18n_Translation-en
packages.medibuntu.org_dists_quantal_free_i18n_Translation-en%5fUS
packages.medibuntu.org_dists_quantal_non-free_binary-i386_Packages
packages.medibuntu.org_dists_quantal_non-free_i18n_Translation-en
packages.medibuntu.org_dists_quantal_non-free_i18n_Translation-en%5fUS
bmike1 at PresarioLapTop1:~$ cd  /var/lib/apt/lists/
bmike1 at PresarioLapTop1:/var/lib/apt/lists$ sudo rm -rf *medibuntu*
bmike1 at PresarioLapTop1:/var/lib/apt/lists$ ls  /var/lib/apt/lists/ |grep
medibuntu
bmike1 at PresarioLapTop1:/var/lib/apt/lists$ sudo synaptic

(synaptic:7475): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set_data: assertion
`G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(synaptic:7475): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(synaptic:7475): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion
`G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

and synaptic opens, then ubuntu's update manager is run to update the
system and it tells me:

Failed to fetch
http://packages.medibuntu.org/dists/quantal/Release.gpg Something
wicked happened resolving 'packages.medibuntu.org:http'
(-5 - No address associated with hostname)
Failed to fetch
http://packages.medibuntu.org/dists/quantal/free/binary-i386/Packages
http://packages.medibuntu.org/dists/quantal/non-free/binary-i386/Packages
http://packages.medibuntu.org/dists/quantal/free/i18n/Translation-en_US
http://packages.medibuntu.org/dists/quantal/non-free/i18n/Translation-en_US
Something wicked happened resolving 'packages.medibuntu.org:http'
(-5 - No address associated with hostname)
Failed to fetch
http://packages.medibuntu.org/dists/quantal/non-free/i18n/Translation-en
Something wicked happened resolving 'packages.medibuntu.org:http'
(-5 - No address associated with hostname)
Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones
used instead.

 I then clicked update and now it says my system is up to date but when
'refresh' is clicked I still get the medibuntu error?