Linux command line utility to send to email list?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Tue Dec 17 14:18:07 MST 2013

What would be the best *simple* command line utility to send an email
message to a small (100) list of email addresses?

I googled for an answer, but only found long, looooong, very detailed and
complex instructions (that fogged up my feeble mind) about how to set up
a bunch of different things (that I did not understand).

Some hits mentioned that there were perl and other programs to do what I
want, but I have not been able to find them.

I mostly use squirrel mail (gmail seems to cluttered up and complicated
to me), but I am hesitant to send too many cc's or bcc's and would much
prefer to find a program that could send individual emails to each
address in my list of family and friends' email addresses.

Any "Keep it Simple" suggestions?