No subject

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 16 09:38:39 MST 2013

Hi,

As you might recall I had ordered an HP laptop and after the input from the PLUG list I decided to cancel that order and buy a Dell 660.  It is a i5 with 8MB of RAM.

I hope to use that box to replace the two laptops I currently use to do LAMP dev.  The laptop I use for my desktop is running windows.  The other laptop is running CentoOS 6.  I migrated to laptops because of the heat my two mini-towers were putting out.  It does make a difference.

I would like to configure the i5 with Linux to uses as my desktop and 2 virtual machines to use as 1) Windows so I have access to those things windows can only do like IE, and 2) a LAMP server running CentOS.

I was thinking as a base Kubuntu and I am not sure which way to go with visualization?

Also if I do not register the windows that come with this box and load Linux immediately do you know if I can find a Win 8 image that I can load into a VM and use my registration key with?

I am very new to visualization so any advice you offer will be a big help!!

Thanks!!

Keith